Cable companies make a small fortune off renting you a cable modem each month.
Its time to give them back their equipment and replace it with your own modem.
The typical customer is billed about $4.95 a month to rent a high speed cable modem.
For less than $50.00 you can get a cable modem.
Here's the process: 1. Order Cable Modem Online
2. Get Cable Modem Delivery
3. Call High Speed Cable Modem
4.Read MAC ID from modem
5. Tell them you need to register
a new MAC ID & Return your modem
6. Cable Co. will send you box and label
7. Drop off at UPS/Other
Over the next four years you will save over $175.00 for about 15 minutes of your time.
Typical Cable Modem Features:
- Downstream data speeds up to 38 Mbps
- Upstream data speeds up to 30 Mbps
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Ready - Next-generation Internet Protocol
- Front-panel status LEDs and user-friendly online diagnostics page for quick and easy troubleshooting
- Compatible with Windows, Macintosh and Unix systems
- Integrated DOCSIS 2.0 A-TDMA and S-CDMA technology; backwards compatible with existing DOCSIS 1.0 and 1.1 systems
- Remote configuration and monitoring from the headend using SNMP and TFTP
- Includes USB and Ethernet cables, power adapter and installation CD-ROM
- Note: Ask your cable company if they support DOCSIS cable modems. DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) is the industry standard for cable-based Internet access service.